ADE Past Webinars
IHA Webinar: Reducing ADEs and Readmissions
- This webinar focused on two key harm categories that affect far too many Indiana patients and families. During the webinar, the experiences and recommendations of faculty members for both topics were presented, along with a review of best practices.
- Download thepresentation.
- Download thefull recording.
2014 ADE Webinar Series
In partnership with the Center for Medication Safety Advancement (CMSA) at Purdue University's College of Pharmacy, Indiana Hospital Association hosted a series of webinars focusing on improvement in the safety of anticoagulation therapy management.
- Considerations for Safe Opioid Prescribing and Use Webinar
Hertig, PharmD and Trang Truong, PharmD, from CMSA presented on safe
opioid prescribing and use. This webinar focused on reducing harm associated
with opioid use. Participants learned how to identify safety risks
associated with the use of opioid medications, implement evidence-based best
practices, and assess the potential impact of the new Indiana opioid
prescribing law. Specific focus was given to determining areas of high risk
associated with opioid use and how to mitigate these risks.
- Download the slides for the Oct. 23, 2014 webinar.
- Stream an audio recording of the Oct. 23 webinar. You must first download the zip file and click on the “Clickme” Batch File to stream the audio recording.
- Enhancing Safety of Insulin Use in the Inpatient Setting Webinar
- John Hertig, PharmD and Katelyn Brown, PharmD from CMSA presented on Enhancing Safety of Insulin Use in the Inpatient Setting. This webinar focused on reducing harm, specifically hypoglycemia, associated with insulin utilization within the inpatient setting. Participants learned how to identify safety risks associated with insulin, implement evidence-based best practices, and measure their progress of reducing harm associated with insulin.
- Download the slides for the Sept. 30, 2014 webinar.
- Stream an audio recording of the Sept. 30 webinar. You must first download the zip file and click on the “Clickme” Batch File to stream the audio recording.
- Adverse Drug Event Resources and Coaching Webinar
Anticoagulation ADE Webinar Series
- Best Practices in Care Transitions of Anticoagulation
- In this webinar from Oct. 15, 2013, transitions of care and the role of the health care professional and the role of the patient were defined. Elements for success in transition care models were identified and best practices in transitioning care involving anticoagulation explained.
- Download the PowerPoint slides and stream an audio recording of the Oct. 15 webinar.
- Pharmacists' Role in Anticoagulation
- This webinar from Oct. 23, 2013 outlined benefits of a pharmacist-run anticoagulation program, identified strategies used to implement an anticoagulation program and evaluated the potential cost savings to an institution with a pharmacist-run anticoagulation program.
- Download the PowerPoint slides and stream an audio recording of the Oct. 23 webinar.
- Medication Reconciliation with Anticoagulation
- This webinar from Oct. 29, 2013 identified key factors to consider when performing medication reconciliation for a patient on anticoagulation, defined health literacy and identified strategies to improve health literacy for those patients on anticoagulation therapy.
- Download the PowerPoint slides and stream an audio recording of the Oct. 29 webinar.