We are here to serve Indiana hospitals, patients and communities Whether through advocacy and education, or by partnering with Hoosier health care providers on public health and patient safety initiatives, IHA’s mission remains clear: provide Indiana hospitals with leadership, representation and support to improve the health of Indiana citizens.
Our team —comprised of executives and industry experts—serves nearly every Indiana hospital by:
- Representing the collective interests of our members before policymakers, legislators and regulators.
- Connecting hospitals with the business community and health care organizations, including the American Hospital Association.
- Collecting, analyzing and distributing data to help our members and policymakers understand what needs to be done to improve the health of the communities they serve.
- Providing opportunities for hospitals to share ideas and information on the challenges every hospital faces, from patient safety to reimbursement.
IHA has two strategic priorities for Indiana hospitals:
1. Advance a health care delivery system that improves health and health care. We are working to:
- Improve quality and patient safety
- Defend and improve reimbursement
- Increase the capacity of the health care workforce
- Strengthen physician supply and physician-hospital relationships
- Influence health care policy and regulations—and in turn, the health status of Indiana citizens
- Assist hospitals in reacting to health reform and situational issues
2. Optimize the operational effectiveness of IHA. This includes:
- Maximizing the organization’s financial strength
- Adopting current best business practices
- Maintaining member loyalty
- Offering professional development opportunities for IHA staffers
Founded in 1921, IHA has served Indiana hospitals for nearly a century. And we’re just getting started.