The Douglas J. Leonard Indiana Caregiver of the Year Award honors an individual whose performance in the delivery of care is considered exemplary by patients and peers. It is named after IHA’s fourth president, Doug Leonard, who led IHA from 2007 to 2017. Before serving as president of IHA, Leonard worked for 30 years in administration at Columbus Regional Hospital, the last 10 as CEO.
- Each hospital is permitted to nominate one individual
- Health systems are encouraged to submit nominations from each of their hospitals, but may select one nominee to represent an entire health system
- Eligible persons must be a current employee of an IHA member hospital
- The nominee should be a direct caregiver, but that is not a requirement. Support personnel are also eligible if they exemplify the qualities represented by this award.
- Administrative positions, such as hospital administrators or CEOs, are not eligible to be nominated for this award
Nominate a Deserving Candidate:
IHA members help us identify and select recipients of the Indiana Caregiver of the Year Award. You can download this form and return to:
500 North Meridian Street, Suite 250
Indianapolis, IN 46204