DATA USE POLICYIHA MEMBER HOSPITALS
In accordance with the Indiana Hospital Association (IHA) Data Consortium Agreement, the data provided to IHA remains the exclusive property of the originating hospital. Limited data sets will only be provided to IHA members. If you contribute data timely to the IHA inpatient and outpatient studies, you may request limited data sets from those IHA databases. As a recipient of this information, in accordance with the Data Consortium Agreement, you will:
THIRD PARTY DATA USE
- Not use, or further disclose, this information for any reason other than permitted by the Agreement
- Use appropriate safeguards to prevent use or disclosure of the information other than as provided by the Agreement
- Report to IHA any use or disclosure of the information not provided for by the Agreement of which you become aware
Not attempt to identify the information or contact individuals Ensure that any agent, including a subcontractor, agrees to the same restrictions and conditions that apply through the Agreement to IHA and Provider Members with respect to the information
The following policy shall prevail as applicable to the re-release of hospitals’ data collected by the IHA and released to IHA members for their use.
- Electronic data files and products may be purchased for use by an IHA hospital and may only be used by contracted vendors or corporate offices for products and reports generated for that hospital. Any further release, including incorporation of these data in larger aggregate databases, without the express written consent of the IHA is prohibited.
- Patient-level data is confidential, and individually identifiable information or any facts tending to lead to the identification of individuals in the data, may not be published or released at any time or in any manner.
- All reasonable steps necessary will be taken to ensure that those persons who receive and/or review patient-level data maintain the data in strict confidence.
Re-release of this information is prohibited without the express written consent of the IHA.