Providing Leadership and Guidance on Patient SafetyThe Council on Quality and Patient Safety (CQ&PS) meets quarterly to address the patient safety issues effecting Indiana hospitals and their patients.
In addition, the Council:
- Provides guidance on IHA’s patient safety activities.
- Assists IHA in developing positions on federal and state patient safety and quality improvement initiatives.
- Advises the IHA Board of Directors, Indiana Patient Safety Center and staff on quality improvement and patient safety needs of IHA members and recommends programs to support those needs.
- Monitors the activities of organizations that impact quality improvement, such as the National Quality Forum, accrediting bodies and various state and federal regulatory agencies.
UPCOMING COUNCIL MEETINGS:
- March 22, 2018 10 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. ET
- June 13, 2018 10 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. ET
- Sept. 6, 2018 10 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. ET
- Dec. 5, 2018 10 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. ET
All meetings are located in the IHA Basement Conference Center of 500 North Meridian Street, Indianapolis, IN, 46204
Karin Kennedy, Administrative Director of the Indiana Patient Safety Center
Annette Handy, Clinical Director of the Indiana Patient Safety Center
For more information about how to get involved with the CQ&PS, email Karin Kennedy or call 317-423-7737.
2018 COUNCIL MEMBERS AND PARTNERS
Council members generally include CEOs, CMOs, CNEs, patient safety officers, quality professionals, infection control practitioners, and members of governing boards interested in safety. IHA would like to thank our council members and partners for their time, expertise, and commitment to improving patient safety.
Nancy Kennedy, M.D.
Dearborn County Hospital
2016 CQ&PS Council Chair
Jeffrey Boord, M.D.
Chief Quality and Patient Safety Officer
Director of Performance Improvement
Unity Medical & Surgical Hospital
Hendricks Regional Health
Scott Memorial Hospital
Indianapolis Coalition for Patient Safety
Indiana University Health North Hospital
Network Vice President - Quality and Risk
Community Health Network
Lead Quality and Safety Programs Liaison
Rush Memorial Hospital
Vice President of Physician Network/Director of Quality
Logansport Memorial Hospital
Johnson Memorial Health
Director of Quality
St. Mary Medical Center
Administrative Director - Quality Improvement
Franciscan Health Indianapolis
Cameron Memorial Community Hospital
Chief Nurse Executive
Community Hospital (Munster)
System Director - Risk Management
St. Vincent Health
Manager - Quality Improvement/Care Continuum Marion General Hospital
Patient Safety Officer
Memorial Hospital and Health Care Center
Terre Haute Regional Hospital
Elkhart General Hospital
Quality, Accreditation and Patient Experience Manager
Indiana University Health Paoli Hospital
Michele Saysana, M.D.
Department of Pediatrics in IU School of Medicine and Riley Hospital for Children
Saint Joseph Health System - Plymouth Medical Center
Director of Quality Management
Franciscan Health Crown Point
Lutheran Health System/Dupont Hospital
Physician at St. Vincent Physician Network
St. Vincent Health
Executive Director of Quality
St. Vincent Indianapolis Health
Director of Pharmacy
St. Catherine Hospital
Community Patient Safety Coalition of Southwestern Indiana/Kentucky, Inc. (CPSC)
Pulaski Memorial Hospital