Our members have a range of ways to serve. IHA represents more than 170 hospitals and health systems in Indiana. Devoted members in each one of those institutions serve in a variety of ways—from joining IHA taskforces to forming peer groups to sitting on IHA’s Board of Directors.
- IHA’s Board of Directors includes representatives from hospitals of all sizes across Indiana. These leaders help IHA set strategic priorities, plan annual events and review membership requests.
- IHA’s seven councils cover areas of special concern for Indiana hospitals—from behavioral health to information management.
- IHA convenes 11 districts in the state of Indiana to focus on health care issues in particular regions of the state.
- To help all Indiana hospitals achieve their harm reduction goals, IHA collaborates with 11 Patient Safety Coalitions across the state.
- Occasionally, IHA convenes special taskforces to report on a particular issue and make recommendations to the IHA board for further action.
- Through participation in the Hospital Innovation Improvement Network, IHA member hospitals receive access to technical assistance, educational opportunities, training, resources and learning collaboration in a wide range of patient safety topics—from adverse drug events to readmissions to sepsis prevention.