In 1972, IHA hosted its inaugural Administrative Professionals Conference. More than five decades later, we continue to come together annually to celebrate the talented administrative professionals who are keeping our health organizations running smoothly.
Location: CRG Event Center (2499 Perry Crossing Way Suite 205, Plainfield, IN 46168)
Date: Thursday, May 11, 2023
Time: 8 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. ET
* If this registration is cancelled on or before May 4, a $50 fee will be retained. Refunds are not available after May 4, but substitutions are allowed onsite or in advance by notifying Molly Kelly.
Questions? Reach out to Molly Kelly, Member Engagement and Marketing Coordinator, at email@example.com
Administrative Excellence: Six Must-Have Skills for Today’s Assistant
Advanced management-related skills – especially those requiring forethought and keen insight – are quickly becoming “must-have” job requirements at every administrative level! In this interactive program, attendees will:
- Discover ways to earn an indispensable, “Inner Circle” status among managers and peers.
- Learn Six Core Competencies critical to administrative excellence and effectiveness.
- Identify and break through old paradigms about work and the administrative profession.
- Focus on the top six skills that can help you achieve even greater career success.
- Gain real-life best practices that’ll reinforce your invaluable contributions in the workplace.
Meet Joan in this short video:
Maximize Your Work Productivity: Technology Tools for an Even More Efficient (& Healthier) You
What’s in your technology toolbox? Probably several tools you’ve been using since the last century (though we do love Excel!) But what other tech tools do you need to know, so that you are optimizing your productivity while staying abreast of the latest developments to support your boss and colleagues?
This multi-focused afternoon includes three 30-minute mini-sessions that will add to your already substantial tech toolbox in a fast-paced, enjoyable, and information-rich setting. Topics for these mini-sessions include:
- Your Essential Digital Toolbox: Making the Most of Technology to Enhance Your Productivity
- Digital Literacy: An Unachievable Expectation or Your Ultimate Goal
- Are You Digitally Secure?
As an added feature, the speaker will share his own health journey, and what tech resources he wished he had on his devices prior to his medical emergency.
Meet Jim in this short video:
IHA established the Administrarive Professional Excellence Award to recognize outstanding support staff service within our member hospitals.
We need your help in identifying Hoosier role models who keep your organizations functioning efficiently. The award bears the name of an individual whose service to Indiana hospitals as an IHA staff member was truly exemplary. Mikell Brown was an administrative assistant in education and communications for 25 years. She was a tireless, trustworthy resource on all association issues and a mentor to all of our new employees.
Anyone employed at your facility can nominate a deserving individual. Download this form and return it with as many testimonials and as much supporting documentation as you wish. This will help our Awards Committee get to know your candidate and the impact they've made on your organization and the community.
The award will be presented each year during IHA's Annual Meeting. The recipient of the award will be invited to attend the meeting to receive the award.
Return the nomination form and supporting documentation to Molly Kelly, IHA Member
Engagement & Marketing Coordinator, at mkelly@IHAconnect.org.
2022 - Debra Swain, Good Samaritan Hospital, Vincennes
2021 - Ann Hazelwood, Margaret Mary Health
2020 - Robin Clark Meffert, Schneck Medical Center, Seymour
2019 - Tricia Raney, Community Health Network, Indianapolis
2018 - Linda P. Smith, Indiana University Health North Hospital, Carmel
2017 - Sue Wood, Beacon Health System, South Bend
2016 - Suzi Sievers, Good Samaritan Hospital, Vincennes
2015 - Linda Hartman, St. Vincent Anderson Regional, Anderson
2014 - Beth Auker, Jay County Hospital, Portland