As health care changes, so do the laws governing its delivery.
For attorneys and executives charged with understanding the ins and outs of emerging health care laws, it's more important than ever to stay informed. IHA's Legal Forum is a one-day conference designed for hospital attorneys and executives, as well as those interested in legal topics relating to health care, and offers insight into a wide range of health care legal issues.
Location: CRG Event Center (2499 Perry Crossing Way Suite 205, Plainfield, IN 46168)
Date: Wednesday, Dec. 6, 2023
Time: Registration: 8:30 - 9 a.m. | Event: 9 a.m. - 3:45 p.m.
Cost: $250. If this registration is cancelled on or before Nov. 27, a $50 fee will be retained. Refunds are not available after Nov. 27, but substitutions are allowed onsite or in advance by notifying Molly Kelly.
The Legal Forum has been approved for six (6) CLE Credits.
Click here to view the session descriptions.
8:30 – 9 a.m.
Registration & Breakfast
9 – 10 a.m.
Value-Based Care: What is VBC? Why is VBC increasing? How to Successfully Partner With Your Physicians to Reduce Cost and Improve Quality
- Steve Pratt, Attorney, Hall, Render, Killian, Heath & Lyman, P.C.
10 – 11 a.m.
Employment and Benefit Law Update
- Tami Earnhart, Partner, Ice Miller LLP
- Chris Sears, Partner, Ice Miller LLP
11 a.m. – Noon
HEA 1006: Structural Changes in Indiana Involuntary Treatment Laws
- Ryan McDonald, Attorney, Hall, Render, Killian, Heath & Lyman, P.C.
Noon – 12:45 p.m.
12:45 – 1:45 p.m.
Nonprofit Hospitals Face Scrutiny to Justify Tax-Exempt Status
- Jim Willey, Attorney, Hall, Render, Killian, Heath & Lyman, P.C.
1:45 – 2:45 p.m.
Maximizing Physician-Hospital Alignment & Engagement
- Brian Heaton, Partner, Krieg DeVault LLP
2:45 – 3:45 p.m.
Protect Your Most Important Asset: Workplace Safety & Employee Rights
- Claire Bailey, Attorney, Hall, Render, Killian, Heath & Lyman, P.C.
- Diana White, Attorney, Hall, Render, Killian, Heath & Lyman, P.C.
Thank you to Hall, Render, Killian, Heath & Lyman, Ice Miller LLP, and Krieg DeVault LLP for providing the presentations for the 2023 Legal Forum.